insert comment here

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Love and Death

My first post is a sad one.


Been thinking about my grandmother the last few days, she died unexpectedly 3 yrs ago Oct. 8th. I spent quite a while being angry at death for taking my grandfather away from me a while back. When my grandmother died those old feelings resurfaced.
No mattter what anyone says, It will never be ok that a loved one has died. It only becomes easier to cope with, as time goes by. I ran across this poem some time ago and was.. moved, the words in this are utterly beautiful and so very true !


Love And Death


What time the mighty moon was gathering light

Love paced the thymy plots of Paradise,

And all about him roll’d his lustrous eyes;

When, turning round a cassia, full in view,

Death, walking all alone beneath a yew,

And talking to himself, first met his sight.

‘You must begone,’ said Death, ‘these walks are mine.’

Love wept and spread his sheeny vans for flight;

Yet ere he parted said, ‘This hour is thine:

Thou art the shadow of life, and as the tree

Stands in the sun and shadows all beneath,

So in the light of great eternity

Life eminent creates the shade of death.

The shadow passeth when the tree shall fall,



But I shall reign for ever over all.’ ~ Lord Alfred Tennyson

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for the loss of your loved one. It's objectively true that "it will never by ok" that a loved one has died. To say such a thing would be akin to saying that once you've lost your leg in a horrible accident that you'll once again walk in the same natural, graceful manner as you did before.

You lost a part of your identity--just as I lost my brother a few years ago--and things aren't all right with the world. Things will never be the same.

That's the point, though, really.

But when are things ever the same?

Final word--from me: Your grandfather isn't here anymore--but that doesn't mean he did not--or still doesn't exist--and isn't, on some level accessible to you.

Again--my condolences, and the poem is lovely.

I came upon your blog quite by accident, but it was a nice time.

--Jake

October 12, 2008 at 8:11 AM  
Blogger savor - silence - savor - cin said...

found you on Clever Girl ... and now ... TAG. you're it.

October 16, 2008 at 6:51 PM  
Blogger Meaghan said...

Beautiful! I wish there was something I could say that would lift your spirits. Its so hard because grief is different for each person. I can only share my own experience.

When loved ones died it crushed me so much. The grief remained for so long. THEN i got sick. Given only a 20% chance of surviving I came to terms with my death. I can honestly say I was okay with dying (can't really put this feeling into words but I can say when you are faced with death it is so different than when you "think" about dying)

The one thing that I could not come to terms with was how my death would devastate those around me. This scared me. To think that the legacy I would leave behind would be sorrow, anger and loss made me so sad. THAT IS NOT HOW I WANTED IT. I didn't want to do that to those who loved me. I wanted them to smile when they thought about me, feel inspired by my life....

I found a song that I wanted played at my funeral called Last Tears by Indigo Girls. Listen to it and let me know what you think.

TOTALLY DIFFERENT SUBJECT:

I launched my coffee website if you want to check it out www.getthebean.com and we are doing giveaways too. If you want to enter for the giveaways go to www.getthebean.blogspot.com

-Meg

October 17, 2008 at 9:51 AM  
Blogger Nikola said...

Oh, I just loved that poem! :S

And by the way, great deviantart stuff! I will definitely be reading your blog! :)

October 23, 2008 at 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home